Fuerteventura, which has been declared a Biosphere Reserve and Starlight Reserve including all island territory, has an enormous protected surface area to wander.
Natural monuments, natural parks, rural parks and landscapes, living witnesses of its volcanic origins such as the badlands which are inhabited by an endless variety of plants and native fauna of incalculable value, which are all fiercely protected with a number of environmental projects.
Discover the best beaches in Europa.
More than 150 wonderful white sand beaches with turquoise blue water
Beaches that invite you to go surfing, windsurfing and kite surfing as well as fishing, swimming, walking, jogging or to simply enjoy some peace and rest bathing in the sun with the sound of the immense sea in the background.
Particularly great beaches include:
- Playa de Costa Calma (municipality of Pájara)
- Playa de Sotavento (municipality of Pájara)
- Playa de Esquinzo-Butihondo (municipality of Pájara)
- Playa de Jandia (municipality of Pájara)
- Playa de Cofete (municipality of Pájara)
- Playa de Corralejo (municipality of La Oliva)